We are pleased to announce that Infoblox ActiveTrust Cloud, now called BloxOne Threat Defense, has won the Bronze medal for Hybrid Cloud Security category at the 2019 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards .
The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards recognize companies, products, and individuals that demonstrate excellence, innovation, and leadership in information security. The industry’s best professionals and organizations were chosen based on the impact their products and services have on the industry as well as open voting by members of the cybersecurity community.
The cyber threat landscape is rapidly changing with the introduction of SD-WAN and IoT. Traditional security approaches don’t work well in a loud first world. To effectively defend against threats, organizations need a solution that provides:
- Visibility into transformative network architectures like SD-WAN, cloud, and IoT.
- Scalability to protect against breaches and malware in a cost-effective way.
- Automation to help respond faster to threats that enter the network by evading perimeter defenses.
- A hybrid approach to network security that protects assets and infrastructure anywhere—on- and off-premises—and that integrates tightly with existing on-premises ecosystems.
Though some of the other solutions in the market provide cloud only solution, cloud-only security architecture solutions face the following challenges:
- Cloud-only solutions make it difficult to implement threat responses in a way that completely close security gaps. For example, they can’t easily share security events with on-premises cybersecurity solutions. The lack of integration results in siloed tools and increasingly costly delays at a time when network attacks are unfolding at ever-higher speeds.
- Cloud-only solutions do not provide timely access to the troves of network data residing in on-premises assets that can help security teams better detect and remediate some of today’s most urgent network threats.
- Cloud-only solutions are unable to ensure the protection of remote offices when Internet connections go down.
With BloxOne Threat Defense, organizations get an integrated solution suite that provides hybrid security for all network environments. Pervasive, scalable, and cloud-managed, the solution suite protects users and devices anywhere, on any network—across physical, virtual or cloud infrastructure. These solutions block DNS-based data exfiltration, stop malware communications with command-and-control (C&C) servers and prevent access to
content not in compliance with security policy. They also automatically distribute threat intelligence and indicators of compromise (IOCs) to existing security infrastructure for faster incident response.
The solution suite’s hybrid security architecture employs the scalability and pervasiveness of DNS to provide comprehensive protection. It enables your organization to boost the performance of your business’s existing infrastructure investments while taking advantage of the simplified service delivery made possible through Infoblox’s next-generation SaaS platform.
Advantages of a hybrid architecture for security:
According to Comport Technology Solutions, the use of hybrid approaches that blend on-premises and cloud infrastructure will become more common because organizations want to take advantage of the cloud without giving up proximity to data residing in on-site infrastructure. For implementing security, the same argument holds true. Cloud architecture supplies several advantages, such as being able to scale threat detection and handling big data analytics, while the on-premises components of a hybrid solution can unlock valuable data and context that can be leveraged for the response.
Infoblox’s hybrid approach to security offers you the following advantages:
- Analytics in the cloud: Certain threats like DNS data exfiltration, infiltration and tunneling can evade reputation and signature-based detection methods. To effectively detect these threats requires analytics that combine machine learning and user behavior. The cloud has greater processing capabilities to detect a wider range of threats, including data exfiltration, domain generation algorithm (DGA), Dictionary DGA, fast flux, fileless malware and more. Using the hybrid model, this detection can take place in the cloud and enforcement can happen anywhere: on-premises or in the cloud.
- Threat intelligence scaling: Infoblox threat intelligence includes data from Infoblox research and third-party intelligence providers that is aggregated and curated into one platform. Your organization can apply this comprehensive intelligence of indicators to enforce policies on-premises or in the cloud. You can also automatically distribute it to the rest of the security infrastructure. Moreover, with Infoblox, you can access additional threat intelligence from the cloud that is not available to your on-premises tools.
- Full integration with on-premises ecosystem: The hybrid model enables full integration with on-premises Infoblox and third-party security technologies, enabling your teams to unlock valuable network context and deliver faster, more accurately prioritized incident response and network-wide remediation.
- Remote survivability: With the Infoblox hybrid model, if the Internet connection goes down in one of your locations, the on-premises DNS security will continue to secure and service clients in the network, protecting remote and local users.
To learn more: Please go to https://www.infoblox.com/products/bloxone-threat-defense/ .