The way we work is changing. Organizations are embracing mobility as more and more employees leave the confines of the office and work from multiple and remote locations. They may be in a local Starbucks, on a Wi-Fi enabled public transit, visiting a client site or at home. While mobility boosts productivity, it also introduces the organization to new security risks.
When so many users have left the building, security should follow suit. According to a recent remote and mobile user study, 70% of organizations are concerned with data loss when users are off the network and 75% worry that malware would infiltrate the network due to increase in roaming or off-network access.
Infoblox today announced the launch of Infoblox ActiveTrust® Cloud, a security service delivered from the cloud, to address the needs of an increasingly mobile workforce and growing branch offices that need protection against cyberattacks and data exfiltration. The new solution helps identify infected and compromised devices on or off the premises, prevent DNS-based data exfiltration, and automatically stop device communications with command-and-control servers by using an automated, high quality threat intelligence feed and unique behavioral analytics.
Infoblox has been protecting users on-premises for years against malware proliferation and data exfiltration via DNS. By extending that protection to roaming users and branch offices, Infoblox becomes the first and only major DDI (DNS, DHCP and IPAM) vendor to deliver a hybrid model for security: on-premises solution for protecting users within the corporate network and a SaaS solution for protecting roaming users and remote offices.
So why is hybrid model a good thing?
- Flexibility and Choice – Organizations have the flexibility to choose deployment of DNS security on-premises on physical/virtual infrastructure, or they can choose the SaaS offering to protect roaming/remote users and branch office users who are not protected by on-premise solutions. They can also choose a combination of both to cover all their employees thus significantly reducing the risk associated with DNS threats.
- Unified Reporting and Policy Management – By using the on-premises and SaaS solution from Infoblox, organizations can get unified and complete lifecycle view of device/user activity as they move between on-premise and roaming states. Administrators can seamlessly manage policy for users and get unified reporting enriched with on-premises Infoblox data.
- End-to-end visibility and context – By using the on-premises DNS and DHCP data, organizations can get deep end-to-end visibility on infected endpoints including MAC address, device type, devise OS, DHCP lease history and User ID. This additional information provides actionable intelligence and context that can be used to prioritize remediation based on risk profile of asset.
Benefits of ActiveTrust® Cloud include:
- Prevention of DNS based data exfiltration that other systems can’t detect
- Wide-ranging malware protection including C&C callbacks, phishing, exploit kits, ransomware and more
- Protection integrated into DNS without the need to deploy infrastructure everywhere
- Curated and up-to date threat intelligence
- Fast threat investigation allowing security researchers to take action in minutes, not hours
- Highly available anytime anywhere hosted recursive DNS services
For more information on ActiveTrust Cloud, read the datasheet or see the video.
You can also sign up for a free 30-day trial of the service here.