None of us here at Infoblox were surprised by the results of a recent Piper Jaffray study showing that a whopping 90 percent of CIOs are increasing their IT budget spending on private cloud deployments – and many of them are taking advantage of OpenStack, the open-source platform for deploying clouds. Take a look at the OpenStack web page, and you’ll see its users include – in addition to dozens of IT and telco companies – household names such as Disney, Wal-mart, Cigna, Wells Fargo, and Best Buy.
OpenStack is gaining traction, but like many open-source tools, it has deployment and management challenges. One big one we’ve seen: taking the open-source platform from a DevOps environment to an enterprise-grade infrastructure that can scale and be managed in a production environment. Many IT teams on the bleeding edge have made mistakes with their OpenStack rollouts.
If your organization is in the process of looking at an OpenStack-based deployment, you need to know about some best practices to avoid those mistakes and be successful.
To help you do this, I’m hosting a webinar with Peter Chadwick, Senior Product Manager for Cloud Infrastructure at SUSE, to help shed light on how your company can be on the leading edge while avoiding some of the stumbles that earliest adopters usually feel. Please join us for this 30-minute webinar on March 25th at 1 pm Eastern to learn how Infoblox and SUSE can help your network teams with these key best practices:
• Improving scalability, provisioning and managing services by leveraging SUSE’s unique deployment capabilities
• Increasing storage performance with SUSE’s Ceph block storage service
• Eliminating manual processes for provisioning IP address and DNS records
• Enhancing private cloud visibility from pilot to production to scale out and
• Ensuring enterprise-grade network services to maintain always-on services.
Click here to register.