We see quite a few customers posting questions on the community about NIOS. As you can imagine, Infoblox is continually striving to provide best-in-class products. If you’re running anything but NIOS 6.5, here’s a few reasons you may want to consider upgrading.
A few of the key enhancements you’ll see if running NIOS 4.x:
- Unified Web UI for DNS, DHCP, Grid and IPAM administration
- Smart folders and Extensible Attributes for all objects
- DNSSEC primary with easy configuration and automatic key management
- Manage Microsoft servers based DNS and Infoblox DNS from the same interface
- Monetize mistyped URLs using NX Domain redirection
If you’re currently running 5.x, you would see the following updates:
- IPv6 DHCP
- IPAM GUI Enhancement
- vMotion Support
- Rule-based Domain Redirection
- Lease Garbage Collection (scavenging)
- Automation Use Cases
- Ability to Deply Trinzic Reporting
Deciding to upgrade can be a difficult decision. In particular, when you’re comfortable with how your configuration and network is currently running. If you’d like to find out more, send us a PM, or email us at email@example.com and we’ll put you in contact with the right folks to help you determine your best route to saving time and resources.