5 Traits to Look for in a VitalQIP Migration Vendor
You know it’s time to migrate from VitalQIP to enterprise-grade DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management). Maybe past time. But if you’re still holding back, you’re not alone. Many organizations with legacy VitalQIP systems, large enterprises, in particular, are reluctant to move forward with DDI migration because they fear the process is too involved and too risky.
But with the right migration partner, VitalQIP replacement can be far more painless than you might think. And as your network must accommodate trends such as device proliferation, IPv6 expansion, cloud migration and the Internet of Things (IoT), the cost savings from enterprise-grade DDI become more immediately evident.
So, if you’re ready to upgrade to enterprise-grade DDI, what should you look for in a migration partner?
5 Traits to Demand of Your VitalQIP Migration Vendor
There are a number of qualities and capabilities to consider in choosing the right vendor for your VitalQIP replacement needs. Here are the five most important:
- Rock Solid Enterprise Grade DDI. Don’t take this one for granted. Your new DDI solution should provide you with advanced visibility, hardened security, and centralized control over all network infrastructures—including private, hybrid and public clouds.
- Comprehensive Migration Plan. A detailed migration plan that encompasses service configuration, a timetable for phased data migration, maintaining the integrity of DDI during migration, risk assessment and mitigation, testing plans for new DDI services, and deployment. Plus one more critical component—a clearly defined rollback process that ensures service availability should unforeseen issues arise, along with plans to ensure your migration stays on schedule.
- Project Management Resources. Migrating legacy VitalQIP involves multitudes of moving parts that require oversight. Make sure your vendor has experienced project management resources on tap to coordinate tasks and ensure effective communication throughout the migration process.
- Pre-Production Staging. This is where the rubber meets the road. Your vendor should have rigorous procedures in place to identify critical production applications, evaluate, test and re-test the migration process, and allow adequate time for thorough customer testing.
- Track Record. In many ways, DDI services are the neurons of your enterprise network. With so much riding on your migration, you want to make sure your vendor can demonstrate a track record of successfully migrating from VitalQIP to enterprise-grade DDI.
Ease Your VitalQIP Migration Path with Infoblox
It’s time to leave the manual headaches and costly errors of your legacy VitalQIP solution behind and embrace enterprise-grade DDI. With more than 8,000 global customers, including more than 80% of Fortune 100 companies, Infoblox is the market leader in DDI. Infoblox has successfully replaced hundreds of legacy DDI solutions, and this breadth and depth of DDI experience ensures you can maximize the benefits of VitalQIP migration while minimizing the risks. See for yourself the difference Infoblox can make. Get detailed answers to your specific migration needs.
This is the third in a three-part series. The first post covered key limitations of VitalQIP that hold organizations back. The second post provided an overview of the key benefits of migrating from VitalQIP to enterprise-grade DDI.