We listened! It’s been a while since our last community post about “the community,” but the time has been spent crafting a completely redesigned and architected site, and early reviews by our advisory board suggests it’s paying off. We’ll be providing continual updates, and a “sneak peek” for all users within the coming weeks.
At the onset, you’ll notice content on the homepage will change dramatically, focusing on engaging with your peers, to learning about the newest API or plugin. We’re especially proud of the new “Ask the Community” functionality that will help you determine if your question has already been asked, and potentially answered by fellow community members!
Many of you have asked to see the new layout. Here’s a “sneak peek” of the new user interface being developed for the homepage and Security Forums (content is a placeholder). See the list below for highlights of other features coming!
You can also expect a few “ease of use” updates:
1. Respond via email – if you’re subscribed to a thread and receive a notification, you can respond to the email, and your response will be captured and displayed/shared on the thread – so no need to navigate from your device to the thread, each and every time you want to participate (you must be logged in for it to work…).
2. All-In-One blog location – The Company Blog will be migrated to the community site, where you’ll be able to follow an author, subscribe to the Company Blog, Community Blog, or IPv6 Center of Excellence Blog.
3. A new ranking and kudos system is being rolled out. What’s this? You’ll easily be able to tell if someone is an employee, infoblox expert, partner, etc., The UI also highlights users who have received “kudos” or “likes” on their posts/comments, so you can easily keep track of the “who’s-who” of the community!
4. Notifications, Private Messaging and “Solved Forum Posts” are making a comeback. Long overdue, and we heard you loud and clear – they’ll be available on Day One!
5. Accessibility is completely re-architectured – Simply put, you can view every file on the community site. Once you have an account, you don’t need to ask or wait for verification to access particular files! The organization of content and files is also much more user-friendly.
6. Group functionality is coming to a region near you – Want a private group setup for an upcoming event, or ask a question of the community/Infoblox not listed on the public forum – here’s your chance!
Lastly, your account will be migrated to the new community. We’ll be sending an email in a few weeks for you to verify your email address and ensure your access to the community continues.
As always, we want to hear from you! Keep the feedback and suggestions rolling in! We’ll make every effort to include your requests in the launch, or a future update!