A recent Microsoft press release highlighted the fact that Azure revenue grew 102% in Q4 2016 and compute storage is more than doubling year over year. Given the fact that most organizations leverage a combination of on-premises networking, virtualized private cloud, and public cloud, the growth in hybrid deployments is staggering as Azure, AWS, and other public cloud providers show massive penetration growth across the world.
To help solve the challenges of DNS and IP address management in hybrid cloud, Infoblox has been building out integrations with leading platforms including VMware, OpenStack, and AWS—and I’m pleased to let you know that our newest Infoblox DDI solution is now available in the Azure Marketplace. There are six versions of Infoblox NIOS 8.0 appliances available for Azure including TE-v820/1420/2220 and Cloud Platform Appliances CP-v800/1400/2200.
These new appliance options allow Infoblox customers build a strong DNS, DHCP, and IPAM foundation for hybrid clouds all within a single Infoblox Grid™. Automated discovery, visibility, and DNS provisioning help Azure deployments receive the true value of public cloud speed and agility.
Key capabilities for Infoblox DDI for Azure include:
- Flexible appliance options including license portability
- Authoritative DNS service in Azure
- vDiscovery of Azure virtual networks and virtual machines
- Automated provisioning of DNS records for Azure VMs via vDiscovery
- DHCP relay functionality so Infoblox DHCP can be running inside Azure for workloads on premises
- Ability to add DNS Firewall and ActiveTrust as part of hybrid deployments
- Complete integration with Infoblox DDI for a single platform to manage on-premises, private, and public cloud deployments
Check out two great videos to get you started:
The newest Azure capability expands the Infoblox Actionable Network Intelligence capabilities so users can efficiently control and secure hybrid clouds. Our solution gives you the unique ability to automate and consolidate critical aspects of hybrid cloud network management, respond rapidly to business needs, and integrate with the industry’s broadest array of cloud-based platforms.