We want to ensure you get the most from the new community, so we’re creating a series of Community Tips & Tricks blog posts over the next several weeks.
We want to help take the guess work out of the site and how things work. The plan is to highlight 2-3 areas or features each post, and include a few visuals so you can get the “lay of the land”. As you browse the site and discover what it has to offer, please send us a note (or comment) and let us know what you’d like to see, or something you may have found that would be cool for other users to know (hint-hint, nudge-nudge).
This week we’re showcasing the Subscription | Subscribe options. An important feature to stay up-to-date on discussions in particular areas!
The “Options Dropdown” item, found on all pages, allows you to subscribe, bookmark, mark as read, among other options. We’ve listed a few of the subscription options below.
How Do I Subscribe To a Forum Topic Area?
- Select Forums in the main nav.
- Select the Topic you’re interested in – “Security” is shown below
- Select the dropdown item Options and select Subscribe (you can also Subscribe to RSS Feed)
- You can also subscribe to a thread by navigating to the post, and selecting the Options dropdown menu.
How Do I Subscribe To a Blog (Company, IPv6, or Community Blog)?
- Select Blogs in the main nav.
- Select the Blog you’re interested in (there are three blogs on the site, Company, IPv6, Community)
- Select the dropdown Blog Options and select Subscribe (or Subscribe to RSS Feed
- If you’re interested in subscribing to a blog post, select the Options on the blog post page!
How Do I Follow or Subscribe To a User on the Site?
- Click the username and navigate to their Profile Page
- Select Follow User on their profile page
Feedback? Let us know what you’d like to see and we’ll create a Tips & Trick post!